Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Nominations for the Upcoming Year

We need to choose a total of 16 books to carry us through the rest of this year & all of 2012. I grouped the nominations (click on link to view) into 7 different categories (trying to broaden our book choices a little more this time around), & we will pick a certain number of books from each category based on the # of books that were nominated for it. Most categories had the same/similar number of books in them, while one had double the amount, & one had quite a bit less. SO, this is how things will work out (if all goes well):

Classics: 1
Contemporary: 2
Fantasy/Sci-Fi: 2
Historical Fiction: 4
Mystery: 2
Non-Fiction: 2
Romance (not the dirty kind): 2
Tie Breaker Book (any category): 1

(Keep in mind that when I create the polls, some of the books potentially fit in more than one category.)

So get ready! There are going to be a whole bunch of polls coming up, & I really appreciate your participation with them.

The first group of polls will start on June 1. Only vote in each poll once.

No comments: