Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Help movie

Production for The Help movie is starting this summer, due out sometime in 2011.
I love when great books make it to film - I'm really anxious to see this one!

Emma Stone = Eugenia "Skeeter" Phelan

Viola Davis = Aibileen Clark

Bryce Dallas Howard = Hilly Holbrook

Octavia Spencer = Minny Jackson

Jessica Chastain = Celia Foote

4 comments:

sanpinney said...

How cool, we should go see it together as one of our book club mtgs next year. :o) Skeeter seems weirdly cast though, she's supposed to have blonde frizzy hair?

The Fishers said...

I'm in to see it. I agree, the Skeeter actress looks too pretty in her picture.

Liz said...

I picture Skeeter looking like a taller version of Baby from Dirty Dancing. (side note: I guess the girl who's playing her is a natural blonde, so we'll see how that goes).
Also, I thought Hilly would be chubbier, but I'm a fan of Bryce Dallas Howard, so I'm just glad she's in the movie.

Meredith said...

I noticed all the white chicks have red hair... so I am sure their will be some dye or wigs involved for this film... but sooooo excited to see it come alive on the big screen.